Welcome to a positive, practical Christian path
“Unity is a non-denominational church and, as its name implies, welcomes and cherishes all people. “Ours is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus and the power of prayer. Unity teaches that each person is a unique expression of God created with sacred worth. Our mission is to empower ourselves and others to grow spiritually by teaching and living Unity principles of practical Christianity.
“If this is your first visit here, you may want to read What Is Unity? and Unity’s 5 Basic Principles to learn more. We’ve also put together FAQ for Visitors for you. “Many people comment on the wonderful energy and peace they feel when they come onto our property. We would love to see you Sunday and share that energy and peace with you!”
–Rev. Pam Reynolds, Ret., former minister,
Rev. Michael Schoonover carries on in the tradition of “Principle! Principle! Principle!” Highly educated in not only metaphysical biblical interpretation, but also in Bible history, Rev. Michael brings a tremendous Spiritual understanding to the platform! He is well versed in the teachings of Unity co-founders, Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, and other early Unity teachers and authors. His warm, welcoming presence gives all a feeling of belonging. We look forward to a long and fruitful ministry! Principle! Principle! Principle! It works when you work it!
This Week’s Lesson: “Nine Choice Steps” Choice are like seeds! We plant an apple seed; eventually, we get apples! We plant a seed in mind, be it positive or negative, and eventually, it will ripen into a fruit, like unto itself, which we will experience in life! This week, we are invited to make 9 positive choices which WILL show up accordingly!
Youth Education: We offer Childcare/Youth Education 4 Sundays a month – FIVE, when there are five Sundays in any given month! Children will be warmly welcomed at classes which will teach them Truth principles in ways that they can understand at their respective age levels.
Carol Wysong recently vacated the position as Director of the Youth Education Department. Bobbi Watson has stepped up to the plate. She brings with her a dedication and solid foundation in Unity Truth teachings! We know that the children are going to love her, as much as she loves them.
Per State mandate, Unity Way Church has been on hiatus, as far as Sanctuary services. We look forward to rejoining each other when the mandate is lifted. Until then, we know and affirm that, in Spirit, there is no separation! We are ONE in LOVE, ONE in CHRIST!!
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS:
PACK-A-BACKPACK 2020! A COUPLE OF CHANGES!!
Every year, Unity Way Church supports less-fortunate students in local schools by donating backpacks and school supplies. Because of the pandemic, this year, we are going to be donating to Project Outreach in Vista. They help Vista Unified School District families who are in need of the following:
- Children’s underwear and socks
- Personal items such as: Shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.
- Food (canned/boxed, non-perishable)
You can donate in one of two ways:
- Mail or bring your check — made payable to Unity Way Church to our office at 171 Unity Way, Vista, CA 92083
- While doing your own personal shopping, you can purchase these above items and bring THEM to the church!
Your donations will be forwarded to Project Outreach where they will be distributed to those who have been impacted by this pandemic.
PLEASE NOTE!! THE DEADLINE IS AUGUST 30, 2020! AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL GENEROSITY!!
UNITY WORLD DAY OF PRAYER
Unity World Day of Prayer, 2020 is on September 9-10; 24 hours during which we affirm the Christ Presence in us, as us, expressing as peace, love and growing understanding. This year — the 26th celebration of UWDP — the theme is, “From Fear to Faith.” Our affirmation is: “Standing in Truth, I move from fear to faith.”
If you would like to add the names of loved ones to the Unity Way prayer list, please email your list to our office: email@example.com. It will be added to those names sent by other congregants to Silent Unity, where it will be prayed over there, also.
A recording of the service will be made available on YouTube and on our website, here, also. A live service in the sanctuary has not been decided upon, as of yet. We will let you know as soon as we have more information.
If you would like to light a virtual candle you can do that, also, by visiting: www.unity.org/wdop
LETTER FROM OUR MINISTER – 03/28/2020
After deep and prayerful consideration, Mickie, our board president and I have agreed that it would be prudent to temporarily suspend all Unity Way Church Sunday Services, activities and classes, during this current Corona virus situation.
Our plan for the next couple of weeks is:
- To fulfill the requested manner of maintaining social separation, the weekly Sunday service will be videotaped, dependent on our acquisition of proper equipment. At any rate the Sunday lesson will still be on our website, here.
- The church office will remain open Wednesdays through Fridays, possibly with reduced hours, which will be posted on our website, if they are put in place. Until then they are 10am – 4pm.
- We will update the website and our FB page with all new info as the situation requires. Please check for updates.
- We are encouraged to remember and LIVE the Unity principles of Spiritual Truth, acknowledging God as the ONE power and ONE presence, in the face of all worldly appearances of lack, limitation or other imperfections.
- I will be available to answer any/all questions. Phone or email me: 760-726-1224 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am knowing that our congregation will realize that, even though we will not be holding regular church activities, our overhead expenses and obligations continue. Donations can be made on our church website at https://unityway.com, or sent via US Mail to 171 Unity Way, Vista CA 92083.
I am holding in consciousness the Christ Nature in each and every one of us, and in all humanity. Knowing that in the Healing Christ Mind it is now so!
Rev. Michael A. Schonover
NOTE: For spiritual support during this time, go to our Myrtle Fillmore Healing Prayer Service page to pray along with Silent Unity. –Jaquelyn Woodroffe, Admin. Asst.
INTERFAITH COMMUNITY SERVICES: Every month, on the last Sunday, our church donates to Inter Faith Community Services. Since our services have been cancelled, temporarily, those who wish to can donate financially by sending a check directly to: Inter Faith Community Services, 550 W. Washington, Escondido, CA 92025. As always, your generosity is greatly appreciated!!
MEN OF UNITY: (Temporarily on hiatus until the social distancing mandate is lifted!) Men of Unity meet at Pegah’s Kitchen at 945 So Santa Fe. in Vista, the 2nd Saturday of every month starting at 9:00 a.m. All men in the congregation are invited.
Unity Defined by Charles Fillmore
Unity Co-Founder Charles Fillmore said: “Unity is a link in the great educational movement inaugurated by Jesus Christ; our objective is to discern the truth in Christianity and prove it. The truth that we teach is not new; neither do we claim special revelations or discovery of new religious principles. Our purpose is to help and teach mankind to use and prove the eternal Truth taught by the Master.”