Welcome to a positive, practical Christian path
“Unity is a non-denominational church and, as its name implies, welcomes and cherishes all people. “Ours is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus and the power of prayer. Unity teaches that each person is a unique expression of God created with sacred worth. Our mission is to empower ourselves and others to grow spiritually by teaching and living Unity principles of practical Christianity.
“If this is your first visit here, you may want to read What Is Unity? and Unity’s 5 Basic Principles to learn more. We’ve also put together FAQ for Visitors for you. “Many people comment on the wonderful energy and peace they feel when they come onto our property. We would love to see you Sunday and share that energy and peace with you!”
–Rev. Pam Reynolds, Ret., former minister,
Rev. Michael Schoonover carries on in the tradition of “Principle! Principle! Principle!” Highly educated in not only metaphysical biblical interpretation, but also in Bible history, Rev. Michael brings a tremendous Spiritual understanding to the platform! He is well versed in the teachings of Unity co-founders, Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, and other early Unity teachers and authors. His warm, welcoming presence gives all a feeling of belonging. We look forward to a long and fruitful ministry! Principle! Principle! Principle! It works when you work it!
This Week’s Lesson: “The Calling” Each and every one of us is Called to be the Perfect Image and Likeness–the Christ! One calling–One Being that we ARE–expressing in limitless ways! There is joy in this!! This week we are invited to celebrate the Truth of our Oneness with the One All in All!!
Youth Education: Normally available four Sundays a month, Youth Education, at this time, is NOT available. We hope to be back up, sometime in July or, perhaps, August! Children are welcome in the regular service. Your patience, while we re-organize is greatly appreciated.
Per State mandate, Unity Way Church has been on hiatus, as far as Sanctuary services. We look forward to rejoining each other Sunday June 20th. Until then, we know and affirm that, in Spirit, there is no separation! We are ONE in LOVE, ONE in CHRIST!!
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS:
YES! YES! WE ARE REOPENING!!! The Board has made it official! We are so excited about our official return to in-person services on June 20th!! Please see a couple of important items, below pertaining to our grand reopening!! Pursuant to California Governor Newsom’s mandates, some reopening plans are detailed below:
- Two sanitation stations will be set up for use.
- We will not be offering Sunday school at this time.
- All church attendees are required to wear a mask while inside the sanctuary.
- Social distancing protocol will be in place except within family units.-Please respect social distancing protocol regarding hugging, handshakes etc., per mandates.
- Fellowship hall will not be open at this time, and we will not be serving after-service food or drinks.
- We will not be hosting our annual 4th of July Picnic, this year.
- There will be no singing during the service but the congregation can hum with their masks on.
- There will be no passing of the offering bags around the sanctuary but a basket will be at the back of the sanctuary to receive your love offerings.
- These above listed state mandates are subject to change as we move forward so please visit our church website regularly for any up to minute changes that might occur before June 20th.
There is much to be done to get back to what we were, before. Volunteer teams must be reactivated. If you wish to rejoin with your former teams, or if you wish to join for the first time, please contact the church office. We will soon have a new Volunteer Coordinator!
Our annual Patriotic Picnic must also be put on hold. However, we look forward to other group events as we move forward into normalcy!
We are eagerly looking forward to seeing everyone. We appreciate your understanding and patience in complying with these temporary reopening restrictions for our church and spiritual family. Please continue to hold our wonderful church/church family in prayer! We love you! We bless you! We behold the Christ in you!!
UNITY WAY CHURCH DIRECTORY! IMPORTANT!! If you have moved or changed your phone number/other information that you would like to have updated in the Church Directory, please email the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Updated directories will be available in the office by the end of As soon as possible.
Class: Trusting The Process of Change
Based on Rev. Brumet’s book, “Finding Yourself in Transition” (book not required for class) this class will teach about the three stages of change: 1. Endings, 2. The void, and 3. New Beginnings. It will help us to identify changew in our own lives and deepen connections with others. It will start Sunday, July 11th, following the service, and be facilitated by Rev. Michael Schoonover and Sandi Angotti, LUT.
This course is provided on a Love Offering basis.
Women of Unity will not be taking orders for Scrip, for now. Please check back from time to time, as this, too, could return.
Unity Way Church still accepts donations for InterFaith Community Services. You can bring them to the office on Wednesdays or Fridays, between the hours of 10am and 4pm. They will be delivered to InterFaith on the Monday following the last Sunday of the month.
If you would like to support Unity Way Church with your donations, please go to: https://unityway.com/how-to-support-us/
LETTER FROM OUR MINISTER – 03/28/2020
After deep and prayerful consideration, Mickie, our board president and I have agreed that it would be prudent to temporarily suspend all Unity Way Church Sunday Services, activities and classes, during this current Corona virus situation.
Our plan for the next couple of weeks is:
- To fulfill the requested manner of maintaining social separation, the weekly Sunday service will be videotaped, dependent on our acquisition of proper equipment. At any rate the Sunday lesson will still be on our website, here.
- The church office will remain open Wednesdays through Fridays, possibly with reduced hours, which will be posted on our website, if they are put in place. Until then they are 10am – 4pm.
- We will update the website and our FB page with all new info as the situation requires. Please check for updates.
- We are encouraged to remember and LIVE the Unity principles of Spiritual Truth, acknowledging God as the ONE power and ONE presence, in the face of all worldly appearances of lack, limitation or other imperfections.
- I will be available to answer any/all questions. Phone or email me: 760-726-1224 or email@example.com
- I am knowing that our congregation will realize that, even though we will not be holding regular church activities, our overhead expenses and obligations continue. Donations can be made on our church website at https://unityway.com, or sent via US Mail to 171 Unity Way, Vista CA 92083.
I am holding in consciousness the Christ Nature in each and every one of us, and in all humanity. Knowing that in the Healing Christ Mind it is now so!
Rev. Michael A. Schonover
NOTE: For spiritual support during this time, go to our Myrtle Fillmore Healing Prayer Service page to pray along with Silent Unity. –Jaquelyn Woodroffe, Admin. Asst.
INTERFAITH COMMUNITY SERVICES: Every month, on the last Sunday, our church donates to Inter Faith Community Services. Since our services have been cancelled, temporarily, those who wish to can donate financially by sending a check directly to: Inter Faith Community Services, 550 W. Washington, Escondido, CA 92025. As always, your generosity is greatly appreciated!!
MEN OF UNITY: (Temporarily on hiatus until the social distancing mandate is lifted!) Men of Unity meet at Pegah’s Kitchen at 945 So Santa Fe. in Vista, the 2nd Saturday of every month starting at 9:00 a.m. All men in the congregation are invited.
Unity Defined by Charles Fillmore
Unity Co-Founder Charles Fillmore said: “Unity is a link in the great educational movement inaugurated by Jesus Christ; our objective is to discern the truth in Christianity and prove it. The truth that we teach is not new; neither do we claim special revelations or discovery of new religious principles. Our purpose is to help and teach mankind to use and prove the eternal Truth taught by the Master.”